Thursday, August 2, 2007

End of the Semester

The summer semester ends tomorrow. I still have a few assignments to finish up for my government documents class. I spent most of yesterday at the Oregon State University Valley Library and that's where I'll be most of today as well. I noticed I was lucky in my choice of days to spend at the library as it was hot yesterday and it'll be hot again today, but the library is air conditioned.

I am getting very excited about my Archives Practicum. I will be working with the James A. Sewell Photograph Album, 1903-1905 . I will be responsible for processing, describing, digitizing, and exhibiting it.

I have ordered my textbooks for this class which consists of the Archival Fundamental Series II from the Society of American Archivists. The first one on my reading list will be
Understanding Archives and Manuscripts
.