Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An End and a Beginning

I am in midst of final preparations to graduate from Emporia State University with an Master's Degree in Library Science and Information Management with an Archives Studies Certificate. The draft for my capstone portfolio is complete. I am going to Portland this Saturday to do my presentation and to see my friends and classmates, some perhaps for the last time. It is a bittersweet moment. The following Sunday, December 14th, will be a joyous time as our cohort graduates, and we see friends from other cohorts, people we've met at conferences in the past few years, our mentors and advisers before we scatter to new places and new adventures.

My life as an MLS student ends and my life a librarian/archivist begins. The story continues.

No comments: