Thursday, December 7, 2006

Fall, 2006


Again, I took three courses this term.

LI 802 Theoretical Foundations of Service: Diagnosis and Customization
LI 805 Organization Theories for Administering Information Agencies
LI 812 Online Information Retrieval


I began working at the Linn-Benton Community College Library in Albany last month. Some of the things I do are provide reference and research assistance to students, work with faculty and librarians to prepare research guides and bibliographies, assist with collection development and with marketing of library resources, keep the library website updated, and provide tours and basic instruction to classes on use of the library. I enjoy this very much and I'm learning a great deal.

I also won a scholarship! I was awarded the prize in writing in Emporia State University's Rosa Parks Multicultural Scholarship Competition. The director of the multicultural center read my story at the awards ceremony and I'm looking forward to getting a copy of the DVD.

My story was entitled "Traveling to the City of Angels". This story was easy to write. It was ready to be born.

Another exciting thing that happened this term was that I was told that my proposal to write an article for the March issue of the Oregon Library Association Quarterly newsletter was accepted. I will be writing it during Christmas break.

No comments: