Sunday, December 10, 2006

Last Class of the Term


I came home this afternoon after the last class of the term. The week-end was exhausting, exhilarating, and exciting. The drive home was a long one on the freeway, with the usual Oregon winter rain and wind beating down. I am tired.

On Saturday ten of us had lunch with Mary Jo Pugh, editor of the American Archivist, the publication of the Society of American Archivists I will post a photo I took of her and a summary of what was discussed later this week.

Sunday morning we started at 8 a.m. to hear our advisor, Perri, give us information about the curriculum and classes which will be offered in the next two years. We also made individual appointments to discuss our individual class schedules. She brought several boxes of donuts to thank us for coming in early. She is so good to us!

I have a month until the next term begins but in that month I will be writing the article for the Oregon Library Association Quarterly, ordering my textbooks, downloading and printing out the articles I'll need for next term's classes, and perhaps writing a book review or two. I also received an email from Eli Guinnee, the editor of the open-access Library Student Journal telling me that he's accepted an essay I wrote on diversity in librarianship. It should be published next month.